Beach wheelchairs are a great way of accessing the benefits of the beach and the shallow water for people with a disability.
We own 4 beach wheelchairs that we hire out for free. They are located at:
Make an online booking for a beach wheelchair
Before making an online booking please read the user guides and conditions of use below:
Sandcruiser Beach Wheelchair User Guide and Conditions of Use(PDF, 979KB)
Hippocampe Beach Wheelchair User Guide and Conditions of Use(PDF, 137KB)
Book a beach wheelchair
To book online:
- On the home page click 'Book a room or venue'
- Choose 'Use Outdoor Space' and 'Beach Wheelchairs'
- Choose your preferred date and list number of attendees as 1.
You will receive a confirmation email if the booking has been successful.
For enquiries or cancellations email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Lifeguard Service Operations Coordinator on 0408 285 073
Other beach wheelchairs available for free hire
- Park Beach: managed by Coffs Harbour Surf Lifesaving Club: 02) 6652 3245 and dial extension 2 to speak to Surf Lifesaving Club admin.
If required, Lifeguards on duty at Park Beach can also access the Surf lifesaving Club wheelchair during patrol hours.
- Jetty Beach: managed by Coffs Harbour Yacht Club: 02) 6652 4390.
- Sawtell Main Beach: managed by Sawtell Surf Lifesaving Club, call The Kiosk: 0499 908 210. Due to steep beach access at Sawtell, the Club encourages anyone considering using the beach wheelchair to check first if the access is feasible for them.