Economic Development Strategy
Full Strategy: Coffs Harbour Economic Development Strategy 2017 - 2022(PDF, 2MB)
Summary: Coffs Harbour Economic Development Strategy 2017-2022 Summary(PDF, 168KB)
This strategy has identified three areas of importance:
- The digital economy – which is at the forefront of innovation and technology, and central to a strong services sector. Digital has now become mainstream and “business as usual” rather than merely an appendage to economic development and the creation of jobs.
- The food manufacturing and agribusiness (agri-food) economy – the latter a traditional strength of the Coffs Harbour Local Government Area (LGA), heavily skewed towards blueberries. An industry that can benefit from, which needs diversification, especially into value-add products, services and processing.
- The visitor economy – a mainstay of the local economy, but which operates in a highly competitive market, and has a history of underinvestment within the region.
Whilst three sectors have been identified, Council will remain ready to respond to significant economic development opportunities that may arise outside of these areas, and which have the potential to create jobs.
Coffs Coast Strategic Tourism Plan 2020(PDF, 2MB)
In May 2016 the Tourism Plan was adopted with a focus on attracting more visitors, having them stay in the region longer, spend more locally and stay in localities right across the region. Key direction of the tourism strategy include destination management, destination development and destination marketing.
Coffs Harbour Events Strategy 2020(PDF, 2MB)
Events play a significant role in attracting large volumes of new and repeat visitors to Coffs Harbour, as well as providing a vibrant backdrop of activity, entertainment, education and wellbeing for residents of the broader Coffs Coast community.
The purpose of this strategy is to:
- Attract, grow and retain events in Coffs Harbour.
- Generate economic, social and community benefits.
- Provide expertise, frameworks and support for others to run successful events.