Customer service strategy and charter
Council has changed the way it delivers customer service through the implementation of a Customer Service Strategy: a strategy that outlines an improved way of delivering customer service through a ‘Customer Enquiry/Resolution (CER) Model’.
The CER Model has a focus on the following main elements:
- Using customer engagement and participation in the review and, where required, redesign of services.
- Development of customer self-service functionality for those who can access online services, thus leaving Council staff to concentrate on complex enquiry work and high need customers.
- Progression towards a more resolution-focussed customer service function.
The Model provides positive outcomes for both Council and our customers, including:
- More options for the customer
- Improved responses and consistent resolution for the customer
- Reduced transaction costs for Council
- Fewer transactions requiring Council staff intervention
The Model has a target of resolving 80% of customer enquiries/requests at the first point of contact.