Sports field closure arrangements
During the week we make announcements by 3 pm on whether grounds are open or closed. See more information on our sports grounds.
Please note the following arrangements regarding wet weather for using Council-managed sports grounds:
- AFL - A decision will be made by 5 pm the day prior to scheduled matches. This information is then given to club presidents to relay to their members.
- Baseball - A decision on play will be made between 6 am and 7 am on Saturday morning by the Coffs Harbour Baseball Association. This information is then given to club presidents to relay to their members.
- C.ex Coffs International Stadium - a decision will be made by 3 pm Friday afternoon and the information posted on the Ground Closure summary above.
- Coffs Coast Sport and Leisure Park - refer to seasonal user group.
- Cricket (Senior) - A decision will be made on Saturday morning. Please check the Coffs Harbour and District Cricket Association website under 'news' for updates.
- Cricket (Junior) - A decision will be made on Saturday morning, information will then be broadcast on 105.5 Star FM from just before 7 am.
- Football (Soccer) - Please check the North Coast Football website and also ground closure information on other football grounds in the league.
- Hockey - Please check the Coffs Harbour and District Hockey Association website for updates.
Ground users' responsibilities
Grounds left open at close of business Friday become the responsibility of the user group to determine on game day if the ground is suitable for play (as per the wet weather contingency/risk management plan for Council managed grounds).
In the event that the scheduled games do take place on the weekend and excess damage does occur, an invoice will be sent to any group who used the ground for any repairs required to return the ground to a playable state for the upcoming season.
Please read the Sports Grounds Closure Procedures(PDF, 394KB)