Disability inclusion and access
We are committed to an inclusive community where residents have equal opportunities to engage with services, social experiences and surroundings.
Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2022-2026
The MyCoffs Community Strategic Plan sets out a vision for our community that is connected, sustainable and thriving. To achieve this vision, everyone needs to be able to participate and be included in our community.
Council has formally adopted the Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP) for Coffs Harbour. This DIAP reflects community feedback from our Disability Inclusion and Access Advisory Committee as well as the broader community.
The DIAP sets out the strategies and actions that we will take to support people with disabilities, their carers and families by:
- providing access to our information, services, events and facilities
- addressing challenges in how we create liveable communities
- supporting meaningful employment
- promoting positive community attitudes and behaviour
- supporting equal access to opportunities and choices in the Coffs Harbour are more generally
Disability Inclusion Inclusion Action Plan 2022 - 2026(PDF, 4MB)
Council reports annually on its progress in implementing the Disability Inclusion Action Plan:
Disability Inclusion and Access Advisory Committee
The Coffs Harbour City Council Disability Inclusion and Access Advisory Committee works collaboratively with the City of Coffs Harbour to develop and implement strategies which aim to ensure that our local government area becomes an accessible community for all people.
The committee meets on the first Friday of the month at City of Coffs Harbour Chambers on the corner of Coff and Castle Street in Coffs Harbour.
For more information visit our Disability Inclusion and Access Advisory Committee webpage or call 02) 6648 4041
Mobility Maps for the Coffs Harbour Jetty and CBD
Council's online mapping tool provides Mobility Maps for the Coffs Harbour Jetty (including Promenade) and CBD areas of the Coffs Harbour LGA.
To access the maps open the mapping tool, you can then zoom in further on the map to display more detailed information including photographs of the locations.
Contact City of Coffs Harbour online, by phone, in person or write to us
If you have trouble accessing a pdf document on this webpage, please contact Heather Reid, Community Planner, email@example.com or 02) 6648 4281.
- For language assistance call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) 131 450
- For people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impediment call National Relay Service (TTY): 133 677
- Speak and Listen (SSR): 1300 555 727
- Internet relay service (NRS): Internet Relay