Pensioner rebates for rates and water

If you are eligible for a pensioner concession rebate on your rates and other annual charges, you will need to complete an application form and bring it into our offices in person, along with your current Pensioner Concession Card.

In person

Step 1.Check you're eligible

To be eligible to receive rebates on your rates, you must:

  • have a current Pensioner Concession Card, and  
  • be the person liable for rates and annual charges on a property, and
  • the property must be your sole or principal residence.

Step 2.Print out and fill in the application form

Pensioner Concession Rates Rebate – Application Form

Step 3.Submit in person 

You'll need to complete the application form above and bring it and your current Pensioner Concession Card to:

Coffs Harbour City Council Customer Service Centre
Corner Coffs and Castle Street, Coffs Harbour

Open: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm (closed on Public Holidays)

If you have any questions about this, call us on: 02 6648 4000

This element requires javascript to be enabled.

Please wait while we load your map...

When will you receive the rebate?

If you start receiving a pension after the commencement of a quarterly billing period and you meet the above conditions, you can claim a rebate from the start of the next quarterly billing period.

If you cease to qualify as an eligible pensioner, or you sell the property in which you live, you won't be entitled to receive a rebate after the end of the quarterly billing period in which you ceased to be eligible. Therefore, if you were granted a pensioner rebate in advance that you are no longer entitled to, it will be charged back to your rate account for the period pertaining to your ineligibility.

What are the rebates?

The amount will vary depending on a number of factors.

All NSW councils give a mandatory rebate to eligible pensioners of up to a maximum of:

  • $250.00 off ordinary rates
  • $87.50 off water charges
  • $87.50 off sewer charges

Coffs Harbour City Council also provides further rebates for the Environmental Levy and Domestic Waste Charges.