City’s Works and Services On Track
Published on 23 February 2023
Potholes were among the 97.4% of road repairs completed by December 2022
The latest quarterly report on the City of Coffs Harbour’s 2022-2023 Operational Plan – the work planned for the financial year – shows that it is on track overall.
The report covers the three months from October to December 2022.
“While we did celebrate one of the biggest and most popular major works in this quarter - the opening of the Wiigulga Sports Complex – it’s great to see that one of our other highlight achievements was the fact that we’ve completed 97.4% of road repairs including potholes,” said City of Coffs Harbour Mayor Paul Amos.
“The City also issued 73% of the total number of Construction Certificates issued in the local government area in that time, and 100% of Complying Development Certificates were processed within 21 days.
“We also marked the one-year anniversary of becoming NSW’s first globally-recognised Eco Destination.”
The quarterly report also noted that:
- 92% of customer enquiries were resolved at the first contact with City staff
- The City’s corporate social media audience rose by 7.5%
- There were zero unresolved water quality complaints
- The Bush 2 Beach Festival was held at Corindi Beach
- 41,708 people visited their local library and 73,654 items were borrowed
- The Jetty Memorial Theatre sold 8,373 tickets, and held 61 performances and film events
- The Draft Coffs Harbour Movement and Place Strategy was placed on public exhibition.
During the quarter, 18 capital works projects were completed including the Nana Glen Playground and Car Park, Hurley Drive, Aubrey Crescent and Cook Drive road rehabilitations, skate park renewals, new water mains were installed at Solitary Islands Way from Mullaway to Arrawarra Beach Road and a new sewer main was put in on Arrawarra Road while a dust seal was completed along Timmsvale Road in Ulong.
In addition, Black Spot roadworks, creek bank stabilisations, park upgrades, a solar system installation and other works were completed.