Coffs Harbour enjoys an active and diverse arts and cultural life. Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the vitality of this cultural life and appreciates how it contributes to social health and economic success.
View the latest What's On Arts and Culture Newsletter
In February 2013, the Coffs Harbour City Council adopted a new Cultural Policy with 10 key goals, designed to develop:
- Oportunities for the community as creators, students or audience members;
- the attractiveness of the region as a destination for prospective residents, in particular for highly skilled people;
- the attractiveness of the region as a destination for tourists;
- appreciation of the natural beauty of the region and the visual amenity of the built environment;
- appreciation and understanding of the diverse cultural heritage of the people of the region;
- understanding of and pride in regional Aboriginal culture and heritage;
- the growth of the local economy through increased development of creative industries;
- opportunities for skills development or engagement in education, in particular those relevant to the arts and creative businesses;
- opportunities, services or facilities for children or young people; and
- opportunities, services or facilities for seniors and people with disabilities.
Developing the capacity and furthering the depth of our cultural life enhances the attractiveness of Coffs Harbour as both a place to visit and to live in.
The complete Policy and the Plan can be downloaded here:
Coffs Harbour City Council Cultural Policy and Cultural Plan 2013 - 2016
See the history of Council's Development of Cultural Activities.