Coffs Harbour City Council recently sought expressions of interest to fill vacancies within the City Centre Masterplan Committee. Council did not receive enough nominations to fill all vacant positions. Council is readvertising for expressions of interest and seeking nominations from:
- Property owners (contributing to the City Centre Special Rate Variation (SRV))
- Retailers (within the City Centre SRV catchment area), and
- Community members (within the Coffs Harbour Local Government Area (LGA))
For the following roles:
- One Community member that is neither a retailer nor a city centre landholder
- Four City Centre landowners (three landowners of property valued greater that $1,000,000; and one property owner of land valued less than $1,000,000)
- Two City Centre retailers who are not landowners
The City Centre Masterplan Committee is a Section 355 Committee of the Council and its key objectives are to:
- Work with Council on the implementation of strategies and objectives of the Coffs City Centre Masterplan
- Recommend works programs associated with the plan, and
- Recommend expenditure of the funds raised through the Special Rate Levy.
The Terms of Reference (ToR) provide greater detail on the scope and role of the Committee.
Nominees are to send a letter expressing their interest and stating their eligibility relative to the vacant positions, and provide a summary of their knowledge and experience in one or more of the following key selection criteria:
- Business, retail and/or financial management;
- Major infrastructure development;
- Community advocacy, community development and/or community engagement;
- Destination or industry development;
- Marketing and/or promotions;
- Events and entertainment;
Appointment will be made by Council for a period of two years and selection will be based on merit relative to demonstrated experience and knowledge in one or more of the key selection criteria.
Expressions of Interest close at 5:00pm, 14 September 2018 and should be addressed to:
City Centre Masterplan Committee Application
Coffs Harbour City Council
COFFS HARBOUR NSW 2450
Alternatively, expressions of interest can be emailed direct to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact Governance Services on 02 6648 4206.