City of Coffs Harbour Puts on Bush 2 Beach Festival
Published on 06 December 2022
City of Coffs Harbour and the Corindi community are inviting locals from across the Coffs Coast to wrap up the year in style with the Bush 2 Beach Festival in Corindi Beach on Sunday 11 December.
“The Corindi community is looking forward to welcoming everyone from the Coffs Coast LGA and beyond to celebrate the start of summer at this stunning beach-side location,” said Natalia Cowley, General Manager at City of Coffs Harbour.
“The Bush 2 Beach Festival is a great opportunity to explore somewhere in the LGA that you haven’t recently visited. So bring your kids, bring your friends and head on up to Corindi to support this coastal gem of ours and celebrate summer in style!”
The festival line-up includes:
- Live bands including The Jacks and Surf Trash
- Drumming workshops
- Local food and markets stalls
- Gumbaynggirr culture
- Local history photos and stories
- Skate park youth zone featuring bands, skate clinics and loads of prizes up for grabs
There’s also plenty of activities for kids including an inflatable obstacle course, a Trash and Treasure Hunt, an Eco Quest adventure app activity, the chance to witness a turtle release and loads of hands-on creative play and craft fun.
Local RFS, SES, Red Cross and other community organisations will also be running a ‘wall of gratitude’ mural where locals can share what they love about their community along with latest safety information on the big LED screen.
The build up to and the follow-on from the festival has been further support by the City of Coffs Harbour with a series of activities for the Corindi community. These have included a local photo competition, a surfboard art installation by Corindi Public School students, a street art mural created by local young people and bike safety workshops in schools.
The Bush 2 Beach Festival will have plenty for everyone to enjoy!
- Sunday 11 December, Corindi Headland Reserve & Skate Park, Pacific Street, Corindi Beach
- FREE event
- Please note: NO onsite parking at Corindi Headland. There is a free park and ride shuttle service operating from Amble Inn on Tasman Street, Corindi. Sahdra Bus Lines are also providing a free bus service to and from the event from Woolgoolga, stopping all villages to Corindi.
- More information, including the bus timetable and details, can be found on the Bush 2 Beach Festival – Corindi event on the MyCoffs Connect Facebook page and also on the City’s website.