Parking fines are set by legislation administered by the Road Transport & Maritime Service of NSW, (formally know as the Roads & Traffic Authority). The monetary value of parking fines is also set by legislation administered by the Road Transport & Maritime Service and NSW Treasury. Councils do not set or amend parking fine penalties.
Council's Parking Rangers cannot withdraw a notice once it has been issued or commenced. Once a notice has been issued or commenced, there is an appeals procedure which can be made directly to Revenue NSW.
Council's Rangers are trained to assist members of the public with their requests for information and advice regarding parking related matters and general advice.
I have been fined, now what can I do?
Pay the fine
You must pay the fine within 21 days of it being issued. You may pay by:
- Internet: payments via credit card to Revenue NSW
- Phone: 1300 130 112 using your credit card.
- Post: Attach a cheque or money order (with penalty notice number written clearly on the back of the cheque) to Revenue NSW, PO Box 786, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012.
- In Person: at any Australian Post Office (Bill Pay)
Please Note: Coffs Harbour City Council cannot accept payment of fines, all payments must be made directly to Revenue NSW.
You may appeal this fine in the follow manner:
- Submit a written representation to the State Debt Recovery Office, a review form can be download and submitted from the SDRO web site.
- By electing to go to Coffs Harbour Local court and have the matter heard by a sitting magistrate.
For further information regarding these options please visit the Revenue NSW website. Further information on Council's policy on parking enforcement can be viewed here.
If you are having trouble paying the penalty amount, you will need to contact Revenue NSW who will then further advise of what payment options are available to you.
PO Box 786
Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
Or visit the NSW Revenue website for further information.