Coffs Harbour enjoys an active and diverse arts and cultural life. Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the vitality of this cultural life and appreciates how it contributes to social health and economic success.
Developing the capacity and furthering the depth of our cultural life enhances the attractiveness of Coffs Harbour as both a place to visit and to live in.
In February 2017, the Coffs Harbour City Council adopted a new Cultural Policy with a vision of:
A vibrant and creative Coffs lifestyle enriched by its natural beauty, diverse people and capacity for innovation.
The Creative Coffs - Cultural Strategic Plan 2017-2022 outlines what is needed to implement the Policy's vision and goals.
The goals of the Policy and Plan are to:
1. Engage our community and visitors in the cultural life of the area
2. Create and maintain vibrant cultural and public spaces
3. Understand and celebrate our Aboriginal and diverse cultural heritage
4. Value and support our creative industries; and
5. Encourage connections, collaboration and partnerships.
The complete Policy and the Plan can be viewed below.
Coffs Harbour City Council Cultural Policy
Creative Coffs - Cultural Strategic Plan 2017 - 2022