Who needs to notify Council?

You must notify Council:

  • Prior to operating a business that carries out skin penetration procedures
  • If you are an existing business and you change any contact details.
  • If you are the new owner of an existing business.
  • If you change locations of your business.

You can notify using this online form: 

Notification of Premises Undertaking Skin Penetration Procedures

Attending an event as a non-fixed skin penetration practitioner from another LGA

If you are a non-fixed skin penetration practitioner who normally operates within a different Council LGA planning to attend a Coffs Harbour event:

  • you must ensure you are notified with the local Council where you normally trade and have proof of this notification available when trading
  • you do not need to notify with Coffs Harbour City Council.

Health practitioners exempt

Health practitioners registered under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law, or a person acting under the direction or supervision of a registered health practitioner do not need to notify Council of their skin penetration businesses.

These businesses must make sure their fit out complies with construction standards and determine whether they require a development application for any structural work.