How we can help
Our Industry and Destination Development Section can help start-up businesses by:
- Providing economic information and the latest data.
- Offering businesses and investors a first point of contact regarding economic development activities.
- Linking business operations with other government agencies and regional organisations to assist with business development and possible funding opportunities.
- Assisting with any regulatory requirements.
You can contact us on 02 6648 4082 or via
email to access relevant information and assistance to help identify opportunities and create success. You are also invited to subscribe to the latest in business news, events and opportunities via Coffs Business Enews.
Coffs Harbour City Council have partnered with Service NSW to deliver the Easy to do Business program. This program streamlines the processes involved in opening a new business in the cafe, restaurants and small bars sector.
Through the program, business owners will be able to apply and understand the licences and permits associated with starting and growing a business, in this sector initially and then in other sectors. Business owners are partnered with a concierge and have access to how to guides to assist their business growth and development.
Coffs Harbour Innovation Hub
The Innovation Hub (Coffs Harbour Education Campus Technology Park) provides a high-tech, creative, fun and innovative environment for new start companies primarily in the tech space, and it works closely with each client company to help accelerate its growth and achieve its potential. So, the incubator is really much more about a dynamic and networked business development ‘experience’, rather than simply an office space. Council is a partner in the Innovation Hub and encourages businesses looking to take the next step to
explore the centre or contact the Coordinator on 02 6658 8199.
NSW Department of Industry
The NSW Department of Industry is the first point of contact within government for companies wishing to do business in Sydney and regional New South Wales (NSW).
The Department works with businesses to save them time and money when establishing or expanding in NSW by:
- Offering tailored assistance to help them set up and grow in NSW.
- Providing a wide range of business and investment information for international and local companies.
- Assisting business to find new markets for their products and services.
- Attracting and sustaining investment projects.
- Organising trade missions for NSW business to help them establish themselves in the international economy.
- Delivering enterprise improvement programs that enhance international competitiveness.
- Driving policy change to improve the business climate in NSW.
How do I get in touch with the local business community?
The local Chambers of Commerce are a great place to start:
Other Business Networks include: