New Sewer Connection
Carry Out Sanitary Plumbing and Drainage
Amend Existing Housing Drainage (Sewer)
New OSSM and New Plumbing and Drainage for new work
Amend existing house drainage (OSSM)
The licensed plumber engaged to carry out work is required to submit a range of documents to Council. The following documents must be submitted within the specified time period:
Before work starts your plumber must submit:
- Notice of Work – Plumbing and Drainage – This notice must be completed by the licensed plumber and drainer, and submitted at least two days prior to commencing work. (This is a NSW Fair Trading form is included on the last page of Council's hard copy Carry Out Sanitary Plumbing and Drainage and can be attached to our online form. Make sure your plumber fills in the commencement date. The sewerage/water service inspection fees on this form are not applicable within our local government area.)
When work is completed
- Certificate of Compliance – Plumbing and Drainage Work - This notice must be completed and signed by the licensed plumber and drainer, and submitted within 2 days of completing the works.
- Sewer Service Diagram – This diagram must be submitted with the Certificate of Compliance when any sewerage work has been carried out. The Sewer Service Diagram (SSD) must be submitted in accordance with the approved format in either A3 or A4 size (the templates below are from NSW Fair Trading).
There are no fees associated with the submission of the above notices or the sewage service diagram. The documentation provides an important record of the completed works and details of the responsible plumber. The documentation is also widely sought in association with property sale, planning for alterations and additions and most importantly undertaking investigation work to assist with system failures.
The failure to submit the required documentation may result in the commencement of compliance and enforcement action being taken against the approval holder and the responsible plumber.
About booking inspections
Council will not accept a booking request unless you have supplied a notice of works and an application.
Inspection booking requests and the submission of a notice of works, a Certificate of Compliance and a Sewer Services Diagram are mandatory requirements. Failure to comply with the approval is an offence under the Local Government Act, the Plumbing and Drainage Act and associated Regulations and may result in compliance action, including fines.
Inspection booking requests must be submitted to Council by no later than 4.30pm the day prior to an inspection being carried out by calling 02 6648 4000.
Inspections will generally be accepted as either an AM booking (10.30am to 12.30pm) or a PM booking (1.30PM to 3.30PM) with inspections undertaken Monday to Friday.
Inspection bookings must be submitted for the following works prior to covering or backfilling:
- All external drainage including the point of connection to Councils sewer
- All drainage (internal and external) including trade waste
- Work that did not comply with an earlier inspection
- Sealing of disused services (water and sewer)
- Final inspection at the completion of work and prior to premises being occupied
Council’s inspecting officer will make contact and advise in the event that an inspection booking request will not be undertaken.