Use the Electronic Housing Code (EHC) to:
- Investigate your development options for an individual site
- Generate an exempt development report
- Prepare your complying development application electronically
- Lodge your application electronically
- Monitor the progress of your application
What is the Electronic Housing Code?
The Electronic Housing Code (EHC) is an online system for the electronic lodgement of complying development applications under the NSW Housing Code for lots 200m2 and above. This system will also allow the user to determine if they are able to proceed with their development without further approvals, as an exempt development.
At present there is no fee to utilise this system, print an exempt development report or to lodge an application electronically, as the EHC is being subsidised by a Commonwealth grant to NSW. Once the Commonwealth funds have been exhausted however, a fee will be required to maintain the basic operation of the system.
Please note, there will still be fees associated with the assessment of your application, and this should be discussed with Coffs Harbour City Council.
Coffs Harbour City Council is one of a select number of local government areas involved in this project. Council became involved in this initiative as the project recognises the significant benefits that can be achieved through better use of electronic business procedures. Council hopes that its participation in the project will deliver a higher level of service to the community, whilst moving Council towards its goal of providing more services online.
For more information on this project, please view the dedicated project website at www.ehc.nsw.gov.au.
What you need to know about the system
Prior to using the Electronic Housing Code you may find it helpful to have the following information ready:
- As each development is different it is difficult to provide an exhaustive listing of required documentation for each scenario. However we have compiled a list of some of the possible documentation you may need to provide, click here to view. Note, the majority of the Councils using this system will provide you with a checklist of documents that they require either prior to or once you have submitted your application for consideration.
- You will require an electronic copy of the associated site plan in order to complete your application.
- If you are doing this application on behalf of others, you will need a signed owner’s consent form.
- Upon receipt of your completed application, Council will generate an invoice detailing the necessary payment required. The various payment methods and reference numbers will appear on the invoice. In this regard, please note that processing of the application will not proceed until such time as the associated fee has been paid to Council.
You may also find it helpful to view the User Guide. This User Guide been divided into sections.
Would you like to provide feedback on the system? Or do you need help using it?
For those that are unsure how to use the system or complete an action, an online help system has been established. To access this site, please click here. You are also able to use this system to leave your thoughts and feedback on the Electronic Housing Code.