Paying for the Water You Use
A water meter is a measuring device connected to your water service which Coffs Harbour Water read approximately every 3 months to calculate how much water has been used at a property.
Water Accounts are then issued in the name of the property owner(s).Water Accounts
Who's Responsible for the Water Meter?
The water meter on your property is a shared responsibility between the property owner and Coffs Harbour Water. Water Meter Ownership New Water Meter Services
All new water meter services require the completion of a 'Water Service Agreement' signed by the property owner and a licensed plumber. In cases where the applicant is not the owner, a signed statement from the current property owner is required.
The following should be noted when applying for a new water service:
- The agreement is considered as a binding agreement.
- The service is subject to all conditions on the agreement.
- A clear adequate diagram showing the required location of the water meter is required.
- New services are to be adequately protected. Please Note: The cost of any repairs for damaged service is the property owner's responsibility.
- All meters remain the property of Coffs Harbour Water.
- Other conditions as per agreement.
Water Service Agreement
If you would like more information about connecting a new water service, please contact Coffs Harbour Water on (02) 6648 4000 during business hours.
How to Read Your Water Meter
Backflow Prevention Devices