Making Sure We Don't Run Out Of Water
Permanent Water Conservation Measures have been in place in the Coffs Harbour Local Government Area since 19 June, 2004.
As of 1 July, 2015, a new Water Restrictions Policy adopted by Coffs Harbour City Council made a slight change to the long standing Permanent Water Conservation Measures - allowing an extra hour for use of sprinklers on the garden in the morning.
The major points of Permanent Water Conservation Measures for all residential and non-residential properties in Coffs Harbour LGA are as follows:
- Sprinklers and fixed/unattended hoses are banned between 9.00am and 4.00pm
- Garden/lawn watering with a hand held hose is permitted at anytime
- Building maintenance, including window cleaning, allowed with trigger nozzle hoses or pressure cleaners only
- Hosing any hardstand area,eg driveway, is banned except for health and safety reasons or with pressure cleaners
- Car washing is allowed providing, where practical, the runoff is onto a lawn and not down the drain
Current Water Restrictions
The Water Restriction Level currently in force in the Coffs Harbour Local Government Area is:
Permanent Water Conservation Measures - Residential and Non-Residential Properties
Business or industry adversely affected by Permanent Water Conservation Measures are urged to contact council on (02) 6648 4471.
History of Water Restrictions
Coffs Harbour residents have endured water restrictions for a number of years.
Water Restrictions History