NOW CLOSED - Applications closed at 5.00pm Friday, 28 February 2014
The Green Schools Grants provide financial and in-kind support to Coffs Harbour schools, pre-schools and childcare centres to undertake actions that result in improvement in biodiversity, water use, water quality, energy use and resources and waste minimisation.
Visit Sustainable Schools NSW, Little Green Steps and Promoting Environmental Sustainability in Children's Services to learn more about the funding. This project meets a number of critical environmental needs in our LGA such as:
- Protecting the biodiversity of Coffs Harbour
- Reducing water consumption
- Reducing stormwater pollution, thus protecting our waterways and beaches
- Mitigating against climate change by reducing energy consumption
- Reducing waste to landfill by increasing recycling and composting.
This project provides added value by building the capacity of the community through, students, teachers, parents and school committees such as Parents and Friends, Parents and Citizens, and School Environment committees.
If you have any questions about the grants please call Kirsty Fikkers at Coffs Harbour City Council on 6648 4000.