Nine Great Reasons to come celebrate Australia Day with us!
Where: North Coast Regional Botanic Gardens, Coffs Harbour
Starts: 10am on Sunday 26 January 2014
1. 2 Air FM - supplying breakfast choices to the sounds of the Coffs Coast Pipes and Drums.
2. Flag Raising - Australia Day Awards and Citizenship Ceremony. The keynote speaker will be Andrew Rendoth, a talented young leader who captained John Paul College in 2013, and will share his vision for Australia from a adolescent perspective.
3. Family Celebration - Bring a rug and/or chair, your own picnic or enjoy the food on offer, including a good ol' Aussie barbecue and tasty cultural treats.
4. FREE Activities for Kids
- Debra Lee Kidz Biz Concert continues to entertain the young and young at heart. Kidz Biz is a cool interactive children’s concept. This gimmick-free specialist kid’s show allows kids of all ages to ‘get in and have a go’, laugh, play and basically have a fantastic time!
- Girl Guides Aussie Games - egg and spoon race, sack race, water sponge throwing (at human target – lots of fun; kids love it!) Aussie gumboot throwing; ballistas; craft: making Australian bush musical instruments e.g. lagerphone, barcoo dog; Bell Tent on display.
- The Smiley’s Characters Concert - performing popular action songs and musical games on the kids stage.
- Balloon Artist - have fun with different designs, shapes, sizes, colours.
- Coffs Harbour Library Storytelling - kids will love joining in with the wonder of these popular sessions.
- Children's Face painting - local artist Trudy Smith and talented daughter team up to present iconic Aussie Day logos and favourite children’s designs.
5. Young Writer’s Competition - Listen to talented local kids recite patriotic winning creations. There is also a Colouring Competition.
6. Art by Trudy Smith ‘BODY ART’ - 2014 Australia Day will be a ‘Festival of Colour’ surrounded by creative entertainment and family celebrations offering body art in its many and varied forms. For members of the public it will be nothing short of phenomenal to watch the human canvas take shape during this family event. Be present to purchase tickets for a raffled prize of a ‘take home’ canvas version of the body art.
7. Deblea Top Shelf has established themselves with their carefully crafted selection of classic, rock & modern hits. Known for their energy and interaction with their audiences, their philosophy is simple “playing good, upbeat music to lift people’s spirits”.
8. Julie Ross Dancers - Local talented students of Julie Ross Dance Studio performing bright Jazz routines.
9. Rafiki Drumming Band - sounds from the African nation of Burundian presented by the well established Coffs Harbour performers, who will capture the crowd with a range of rhythmic songs.