Council is one of six NSW Councils working in partnership with the Office of Environment and Heritage (previously DECCW) on the CEEChange Program.
CEEChange stands for ‘Community Education and Engagement Driving Change for Sustainability in Local Government’
and is funded by the NSW Governments Environmental Trust.
The CEEChange program vision is:
An active, engaged and inspired community working collaboratively with each other and Council in delivering the community’s vision for a more sustainable Coffs Harbour.
The aim of the program is:
To build capacity across the community to participate in sustainability actions and decision-making processes through the implementation and review of the Coffs Harbour 2030 Plan. Coffs Harbour 2030
Outcomes of the CEEChange program include:
- The formation of the 2030 Community Advisory Group
- The formation of the 2030 Community Working Groups from the Big Ideas Night in 2010
- The formation of a Community Engagement Collaborative Network of Council staff who meet informally every couple of months:
- a Collaboration Network is: ‘A group of people who are passionate or concerned about something and who voluntarily interact regularly as peers to learn, to solve problems and to take action’.
- There are 25 staff from 12 branches of Council in the network.
- The aim of the network is to:
- Help all Council staff strive towards best practice community engagement; and
- Use community engagement as an effective tool for delivering the Coffs Harbour 2030 Plan