Photo: Rob Cleary, Seen Australia
2013 Major Events
Coffs Harbour International Stadium Naming Rights Proposal
BCU International Stadium (formerly Coffs Coast International Stadium), located on Stadium Drive off Hogbin Drive just 3.5km from the City Centre, is a first class sporting facility hosting local, regional, national and international sporting events.
As one of Coffs Harbour's most valuable and best used assets, BCU International Stadium caters for a range of sport and entertainment, providing an international standard facility. Opened in June 1994 and covering approximately 2.3 hectares, the Stadium has played host to many events. These include:
- National Girls and Boys Football Championships 2006 - present day
- OZTAG National Championships from 2007 - present day
- City v Country rugby league clash 2007
- Australian Touch Football Championships 2008
- Australian Ultimate Frizbee Championships 2008
- Ella 7's Indigenous Rugby Union Tournament 2008 - present day
- Australasian Police and Emergency Services Games 2009
- Australian Sikh Games 2009
- Eastern University Games 2010
- South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Pre-Season Trial Game 2009 - present day
- NAB AFL Challenge Game (Sydney Swans v St Kilda) 2011
The Stadium has a capacity for 20,000 spectators, with 936 permanent grandstand seats. Ten towers can provide up to 1500lux digital television standard lighting and 17 kilometres of strip drainage ensures the playing surface is always of a high standard.
Photo: AFL NAB Challenge 2011, Rob Cleary, Seen Australia
BCU International Stadium is the best facility of its type in Regional NSW and is truly up to international standards.
From January 2010, BCU International Stadium became a smoke-free venue. Designated smoking areas are allocated around the venue for patrons.
The Stadium can also be utilised for non-sporting events such as:
- Trade Fairs
- Company displays
- Product launches
Stadium staff can also arrange catering for your event.
- The Stadium has seating capacity for up to 20,000 (with 936 fixed seats, of which 50% are undercover).
- 10 light towers providing up to 1500lux digital television standard lights.
- The Stadium surface has been constructed utilising a design incorporating course aggregate river sand to an average depth of 600mm. Base material is solid packed soils incorporating 2 concurrent level drainage systems totalling 17,000 metres.
- Grasses have been established with encouragement from Santa Anna Couch providing a fine robust surface being over sown each Winter period with rye grass.
- A perimeter fence separates the playing surface from the spectators whilst a 2 metre high security fence encompasses the entire facility.
- Spectators enjoy the grandstand facilities or choose to view events from the eastern and western mounds that provide an elevated viewing platform.
BCU International Staduim
Locked Bag 155
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Telephone (61 2) 6648 4950
Fax (61 2) 6648 4951