Work with us
Coffs Harbour City Council's Industry and Destination Development Section can help make your investment choice an easy one by
- Providing economic Information and the latest data
- Offering businesses and investors a first point of contact regarding economic development activities
- Linking business operators with other government agencies and regional organisations to assist with business development and possible funding opportunities
- Assisting with any regulatory requirements
You can contact us on (02) 6648 4082 or email us to access relevant information and assistance to help identify opportunities and create success. You are also invited to subscribe to the latest in business news, events and opportunities with the Coffs Business Enews.
Planning and Development
Council established the Technical Liaison Committee to offer applicants advice on complex development proposals that require consideration by a number of departments within Council. The committee is made up of professional staff from various Council departments including Town Planners, Engineers and Building Certifiers.
To help Council staff process your application as promptly as possible, it's helpful if you come to this committee prior to making your application and make sure that all necessary documentation accompanies your final submission. Appointments can be made by phoning Council's Customer Resolution Section on (02) 6648 4000.
Council also offers a videoconferencing service for potential applicants who are unable to attend a meeting at Council’s Administration Centre. This system will work on a PC, MAC, iPad or iPhone, which has a web cam. If you wish to utilise this service, please let us know when booking the meeting. Following this, you will be contacted and provided with further instructions. To assist Council with providing advice via a videoconference call, you are required to provide a copy of the information listed above to Council prior to the scheduled meeting. This information should be provided at least three (3) days before the scheduled meeting date and can be emailed to Council.
Coffs Harbour Innovation Centre
The Innovation Centre (Coffs Harbour Education Campus Technology Park) provides a high-tech, creative, fun and innovative environment for new start companies primarily in the tech space, and it works closely with each client company to help accelerate its growth and achieve its potential. So, the incubator is really much more about a dynamic and networked business development ‘experience’, rather than simply an office space. Coffs Harbour City Council is a partner in the Innovation Centre and encourages businesses looking to take the next step to explore the website or contact the Coordinator on 02 6658 8199.
NSW Department of Industry
NSW Department of Industry is the first point of contact within government for companies wishing to do business in Sydney and regional New South Wales (NSW).
The Department works with businesses to save them time and money when establishing or expanding in NSW by:
How do I get in touch with the local business community?
- Offering tailored assistance to help them set up and grow in NSW
- Providing a wide range of business and investment information for international and local companies
- Assisting business to find new markets for their products and services
- Attracting and sustaining investment projects
- Organising trade missions for NSW business to help them establish themselves in the international economy
- Delivering enterprise improvement programs that enhance international competitiveness
- Driving policy change to improve the business climate in NSW.
The local Chambers of Commerce are a great place to start:
Other Business Networks include: