Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

Cooling Towers and Warm Water Systems

What type of systems must Council know about?

All systems that are regulated under the Public Health  Regulation 2012 which include:   

  • water cooling systems
  • hot water systems
  • warm water systems
  • air handling systems

Who needs to notify?

The occupier of the part of premises where a regulated system is installed must notify the local council of the following particulars:

  • the type of system
  • the address of the premises on which the system is installed
  • the name, and the residential and business addresses, of the owner of the premises and,
  • if the operation area on the premises is occupied otherwise than by the owner, those particulars in relation to the occupier 
  • the telephone numbers at which, during business hours and after business hours, the person or persons referred to in the above point may be contacted.

These particulars must be notified to Council within one month after the person becomes the owner or occupier of the premises or if there is an alteration of the above details.

Notification of Water-Cooling & Warm-Water Systems

Policy and Guidelines

For legislation and guidelines relating to cooling towers and warm water systems please refer to the NSW Health Website.