The Green Schools Environmental Sustainability programme aims to raise environmental awareness among students and teachers at pre-schools and child care centres, as well as primary and high schools in the Coffs Harbour Local Government Area. The programme includes Council-funded grants and Sustainable Schools Network.
Grants Program Reporting
Final project reports for 2017-18 Green Schools Projects must be submitted online no later than 6pm, Friday June 15, 2018.
Before you start your report you will need:
- A copy of your original Green Schools Work-plan - this was submitted during the application process. You will need this to complete the 2017-18 Green Schools Report and Expenditure Form. If you cannot locate a copy of your original submission please contact us on 02 6648 4643.
- Scanned copies of all your receipts for the purchases made.
- A Tax Invoice for Coffs Harbour City Council.
How to submit your report:
- Download and complete the 2017-18 Green Schools Report and Expenditure Form.
- Once you have completed the form, submit it along with copies of your receipts and tax invoice by completing the online Green Schools Project Report.
If you require assistance to complete your report please call Council's Sustainable Living Programs Officer Jessica Steinborner on 02 6648 4643.
About the Grant Program
The annual grants programme provides financial and in-kind support to Coffs Harbour schools, pre-schools and childcare centres to undertake actions that result in improvement in biodiversity, water use, water quality, energy use and resources and waste minimisation.
This project meets a number of critical environmental needs in our LGA such as:
- Protecting the biodiversity of Coffs Harbour
- Reducing water consumption
- Reducing stormwater pollution, thus protecting our waterways and beaches
- Mitigating against climate change by reducing energy consumption
- Reducing waste to landfill by increasing recycling and composting.
- It adds value by building the capacity of the community through students, teachers, parents and school committees.
This grant program provides added value by building the capacity of the community through, students, teachers, parents and school committees such as Parents and Friends, Parents and Citizens, and School Environment committees.
Last year, 12 schools received grants totalling over $20,000. The projects they undertook included creating native bush tucker gardens, schoolwide recycling programmes and plastics pollution education, establishing native bee hives an creating habitat for native wildlife.
If you have any questions about the grants, please contact Council's Sustainable Living Programmes Officer on 02 6648 4643.
Sustainable Schools Network
Come and be inspired by what you do!
The Coffs Harbour Sustainable Schools Network (SSN) is a free support network for teachers and parents to meet and discuss environmental sustainability ideas, projects and opportunities for their schools and school communities to improve their green credentials.
Facilitated by Coffs Harbour City Council, the network meets four times per year (once a term) with a different school from the network hosting each time. It's a great opportunity to share knowledge and ideas.
Download a copy of the 2018 Sustainable Schools Factsheet.
For more information, to provide feedback or register your interest, contact Council's Sustainable Living Programs Officer on 02 6648 4643.
Download a copy of the Green Schools Resources.