Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

Pensioner Rebate

How do I get a Pensioner Rebate on my Rates and Annual Charges?

To be eligible to apply for a pension rebate on your rates and annual charges you must be the person liable for the rates and annual charges on a property. The property must be your sole or principal residence, and you must have a current pensioner concession card.

All NSW councils give a mandatory rebate to eligible pensioners of up to $250.00 off ordinary rates, $87.50 off water charges and $87.50 off sewer charges.

In addition to this mandatory rebate, Coffs Harbour City Council provides further rebates for the Environmental Levy and Domestic Waste Charges.

How do I apply?

To apply for a Pension Rebate, you must complete an application form which is available at Council’s Administration Office. Please ensure you bring your Pensioner Concession Card to the Council office when lodging your application.

Important Information

If you start receiving a pension after the commencement of a quarterly billing period and you meet the above conditions, you can claim a rebate from the start of the next quarterly billing period.

If you cease to qualify as an eligible pensioner, or you sell the property in which you live, you will not be entitled to receive a rebate after the end of the quarterly billing period in which you ceased to be eligible. Therefore, if you were granted a pensioner rebate in advance that you are no longer entitled to, it will be charged back to your rate account for the period pertaining to your ineligibility.

Please contact Council on (02) 6648 4000 if you would like further information on pension rebates.