02 6648 4000
Mon - Fri 8.30am - 4.30pm
Explore inspiring articles, discover events, connect with locals and learn more about Coffs Harbour City Council.
Stay safe at the beach this summer and swim at our patrolled beaches ...
Register to receive project updates.
Do you have great plans for your club or community group but need help with getting started ...
Young people in the local area are being given to opportunity to showcase their creativity...
Coffs Harbour City Council is currently undertaking a review of the 2012-2016 Library Service Strategic Plan and developing a Regional Gallery Strategic Plan.
Clean Up Australia Day 2018 is on Sunday, March 4, and there’s still plenty of time to register to take part.
Section 355 of the Local Government Act 1993 makes provision for some council functions to be exercised by a committee of Council. Council has established a number of Council Committees with many involving community members.Using community members on Council Committees reflects Council's commitment to actively engage and utilise the expertise within its community. Council Committees enable a sense of community ownership, community involvement, development and overall community well-being all meeting Council’s objective of a connected community. The advice and management provided by the various committees is invaluable as a consultative and information mechanism. Council acknowledges and appreciates the important voluntary contribution of committee members for providing advice and effective operation of Council community facilities (e.g. sports grounds and community halls and the advice on various community issues and facilities).The committees are limited to their role determined by Council’s Terms of Reference and powers which are regulated under Section 377 of the Local Government Act. As such, Council is responsible for everything a committee does while it is acting within its terms of Reference and powers.
Anyone can apply to become a member of a Council Committee if vacancies are available. If you wish to apply for a vacant position, fill in the Committee Membership Application Form.
More information on Council Committees is provided in Council's Guidebook for Section 355 Committees.
All Council Committee members are required to complete the following online volunteer and Council Committee Code of Conduct induction.
Further training and induction is provided by Council once you commence in the role.
The following sections provide further detail of Council’s Committees such their terms of reference, Councillor representation, committee members and meeting minutes.
Terms of Reference - Disability Inclusion and Access Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference - Agricultural Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference - Australia Day Committee
Terms of Reference - CBD Masterplan Committee
Terms of Reference - Coastal Estuary Management Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference - Cultural Reference Group
Terms of Reference - Destination Coffs Coast Committee
Councillor Paul Amos
Michael Hall (Coffs Harbour Tourism Industry Rep)
Paige Sinclair (Coffs Harbour Tourism Industry Rep)
Harry Barry (Coffs Harbour Tourism Industry Rep)
Lyndall Dykes (Coffs Habour Tourism Industry Rep)
Brad Shiels (Bellingen Tourism Industry Rep)
Rod Keers (Bellingen Tourism Industry Rep)
Cr Steve Klipin (Bellingen Shire Council Councillor Rep)
Dene Zahner (Coffs Harbour Chamber of Commerce Rep)
Yvonne Wynen (Bellingen Chamber of Commerce Rep)
1 x Nature-based stakeholder organisation representative
4 x Coffs Harbour City Council Staff Reps
Terms of Reference - Floodplain Risk Management Committee
Councillor George Cecato
Councillor Sally Townley
2 x Coffs Harbour City Council Staff
3 x Community Representatives
Office of Environment and Heritage's Flood Manager
State Emergency Services Local Controller
Representative from relevant government agencies
Terms of Reference - Heritage Executive Committee
Terms of Reference - Koala Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference - Library and Gallery Planning Advisory Group
Terms of Reference - Multicultural Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference - North Coast Regional Botanic Garden Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference - Yandarra Aboriginal Consultative Committee
Council appoints community venue management committees to undetake the care, control and management of various community facilities throughout the local government area. The following is a list of established Section 355 committies.
Terms of Reference - Community Venue Management Committees
• Kerry Hines (Chairperson)• Fiona Barden (Secretary)• Tanya Myers (Treasurer)• Michael Jones• Garry Murray
• Jeff Otto (Chairperson/Booking Officer)• Julie Worland (Secretary)• Beverley Ralla (Treasurer)• Helen Cohen• Barry Mannall• Fiona Clancy
• Maureen Martin (Secretary)• Tamara Buckler (Treasurer)• Carol Cleary (Booking Officer)• Stephen Cleary• Vince Sibio
• Hayley Jones (Chairperson/Booking Officer)• Donna Shrimpton• Rodney Hankinson• Margot Hammond (Treasurer)• Shirley Williams
• Kevin Adams (Chairperson)• Barbara Booker (Secretary)• Judy Matten (Treasurer)• Bruce Matten
• Kevin Hartley (Chairperson)• Garry Dew (Secretary)• Bob Everitt (Treasurer)• John Kinnear (Booking Officer)• Lisa Orme• Michelle Muller• Jim Cleary• Stephen Hayes• Clair Badke
• Carmel Hill (Chairperson)• Christine Langley (Booking Officer)• Shirley Teague• Peter Langley Gardener• Jean Clayton• Sue Francis
• John Finlay (Chairperson)• Carol Rowe (Secretary)• Renita King (Treasurer)• Karen Sedgewick (Booking Officer)• Lynda Craig• Wendy Fraser• Tarsem Sodhi• Rashmere Bhatti• Wendy Partridge
• Rex Madigan• Judi Williams• Pat Slattery• Wayne Houlden• Mark George• Anne Blair• Stephanie Ney• 1x Coffs Harbour City Council Representative
Was this webpage useful?
Page last updated:
9/02/2018 3:31 PM