Permanent Water Conservation Measures have been in place in the Coffs Harbour Local Government Area since 19 June, 2004.
Informaton about management of water restrictions in the Coffs Harbour City Council area can be found in Council's Water Restrictions Policy.
The major points of Permanent Water Conservation Measures for all residential and non-residential properties in Coffs Harbour LGA are as follows:
- Sprinklers and fixed/unattended hoses are banned between 9.00am and 4.00pm
- Garden/lawn watering with a hand held hose is permitted at anytime
- Building maintenance, including window cleaning, allowed with trigger nozzle hoses or pressure cleaners only
- Hosing any hardstand area,eg driveway, is banned except for health and safety reasons or with pressure cleaners
- Car washing is allowed providing, where practical, the runoff is onto a lawn and not down the drain
Current Water Restrictions
The Water Restriction Level currently in force in the Coffs Harbour Local Government Area is:
Permanent Water Conservation Measures - Residential and Non-Residential Properties
Business or industry adversely affected by Permanent Water Conservation Measures are urged to contact Council on 02 6648 4000.