Elected to Council: 2008. Re-elected 2012.
(Deputy Mayor from 2010-2012. Elected Mayor 2012)
Phone: 0407 486 470
I have lived in Sawtell with my husband Christopher and my three children Katherine, David and Amy (who now live in Sydney) for the past 29 years. I am a Registered Nurse by profession and have worked at the Health Campus in the Emergency Department and, more recently, at Baringa Hospital. In September 2012 I stopped work to take up the position of City Mayor.
I have been actively involved in current health issues, local theatre and many fundraisers for the community. You might say I am a bit of an all rounder: I am interested in sport and promoting tourism in this wonderful area. I would like to work for the community by providing a different dimension to Council. I am keen to get an entertainment centre, skate park and also revitalising the City Centre and the Jetty foreshores.
- Australia Day and Special Events Committee
- Environmental Working Group
- Performance review panel for the performance of the General Manager
- Yandaarra Aboriginal Consultative Committee
- Coffs Harbour Regional Airport Security Committee
- Coffs Harbour Airport Emergency Committee
- Local Emergency Management Committee
- Mid North Coast Group of Councils