This strategy is currently being revised and updated - refer to the
Urban Lands Strategy.
Coffs Harbour City is a vibrant city in the process of becoming a major regional capital of the NSW Mid North Coast. It is expected that an additional 32,000 people will live here by 2031. The challenge for Coffs Harbour City Council is to protect the environment while meeting the social and economic needs of this growing population.
The Our Living City (OLC) Settlement Strategy:
- outlines a vision for the future, and a strategy to achieve it;
- sets out a "big picture" approach to guide Council's land use decisions to 2031;
- provides mechanisms to ensure the growing city offers a range of quality styles of living, working and recreating;
- offers a balanced approach to land supply and demand issues; and
- provides a series of policies to tackle transport and urban growth issues.